Sunday, January 18, 2009

Repent, for the end is at hand...

The Arizona Cardinals are playing in the Superbowl. I wish them the best, and hope they win. I am, however, simply, unequivocally, stunned beyond belief. From my earliest memories, I've heard nothing but how much they suck and would never ever ever be any good. My dad used to say "That's sooo sad," when he saw someone with a Cardinals shirt or bumper sticker. The tide has finally turned. Wow. Wow. Wow, good luck guys (because you totally know they read this...)!

Disasters, wars, and rumors of wars...
Angelina Jolie stopped making out with her brother and wearing blood long enough to become a UN ambassador, and "greatest mom in the history of forever," ('scuse me, I urped in my mouth),
The economy of the greatest country in the world is crumbling,
Supporters of gay marriage are protesting in front of the Temples,
The first African-American president is getting inaugurated this week,
Kate Winslet finally won her Golden Globe (two actually),
and now, the Cardinals are in the Superbowl.

What the heck?

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to check my food storage and repent of a few things.
Just in case.

2 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

You are funny!

I'm just so relieved the Steelers beat down the Ravens. It would have been just too, too much...Obama's train stop in Baltimore, the inaugural hullabaloo in D.C. If we had added a Ravens win to this list...well, I don't have the words to describe how unbearable this place would be.

Congrats to the Cardinals!

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

I bought 3 cases of water today....going on a spam run at Costco tomorrow....ever read The Great and Terrible series by Chris Stewart? that's enough to get anyone to amp up their food storage. The cardinals were just the icing on the cake!