Friday, January 28, 2011

That Warm Fuzzy Feeling

Sometimes, you just have moments in parenthood that give you that warm and fuzzy feeling...
you know the one...frustration.

Normally, Sam is really sweet, and generally, she's a super good kid. We aren't exactly desperately searching for the "Supernanny" application online or anything. But, recently, I've had moments of wondering to myself if Sam has some sort of selective hearing loss, for all the listening and obeying I've been getting lately, I can't help but wonder (maybe even hope a little) that there's a legitimate reason getting her to listen to me has been more of a completely vertical rock face, as opposed to the uphill climb I was used to. Of course, I don't want her to have any actual problems, but feeling like a total failure as a parent isn't really working for me either. The fact that she still obeys her teachers and her father (for the most part) perfectly well doesn't escape me either, and irritates me to no end.

Then, the other day, Sam was lining up and playing with some random toys. I overheard her announce sternly to them, "Okay guys, I DO NOT want to hear ANY tantrums today!"

Ahhhh. She is hearing me. She just does not remotely care. Total failure it is.
Fabulous.

2 comments:

Belle n Kent said...

This! This is the blog i have been searching for! Finally! Oh how i wish i'd found you long ago. I have missed the sassiness in the ward bulletin/newsletters. ;) And now...i no longer have to.

Carly said...

Haha! Belle, you are way too funny. :) I've got sassiness coming out my ears...that just might not always be for the best.