Monday, March 21, 2011

The Truth Hurts

Today before naptime, Sam asked me to dance with her.
I'm not much of a dancer, but she mainly wants someone to hold hands with while she jumps in a circle around them, so she doesn't complain. We were "dancing" when Sam said "This is just like Beauty and the Beast."
Trying to be somewhat funny, I said "So what are you saying about me then, Sam?"
She looked right at me and said, "You're the beast, and I'm the beauty."

Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

I have been a little cranky lately, so I should have seen this coming.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sam cracks me up. I love the stories you post about her.

Also, are you planning to put together a family video this year? I understand if you may not want to with a new baby and all, but I was wondering if I should start going through our photos.

Jennifer

Carly said...

Hey Jennifer,
Daniel is officially in charge of all family video communications this year. He is supposedly sending out the email about it tonight. And last night, and the night before that, and the night before THAT, so it will be coming, but I wouldn't exactly hold my breath for today. ;)
He's handling all PR and stuff, I'm just the creative force. It's the only shot I have at doing it with a newborn in tow.