Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wired and Ready

Maybe it's the gorgeous weather today, but Sam woke up in a fabulous mood.  Someone lit a fire under her and she's a feisty one today.
It started when she burst in my room at 6:45am and announced "Good Morning! I had a PRINCESS dream!!!"  She has been asking me for a princess dream every night for a month.  I don't know how to give her one, but I'm so relieved she finally had one.  If she asks, I'll probably take credit.
We went in Peyton's room to get him dressed for the day and she greeted him with a song: "Boola boola boo!  You smell like stinky poo!  You are a monkey too!  My Peyton-peyton boo!" That set the tone for him to have a hilarious day as well.  He loves her songs.  He does not yet realize that lyrics are a little insulting.
Later, even though we're all still a little bit stuffy (I'm the worst, Peyton is middling, Sam is nearly fully recovered), we decided to go for a walk.  Sam insisted on wearing a sweatshirt ("because it's not hot today!") and shorts  ("because it's not cold either").  It's a classy and impressive combo.  She talked my ears off for the hour we walked.  She wanted to know how bees make honey, why birds fly away from her (no real mystery with all the shouting), and why the neighbors cat was alone on the porch without any cat friends.   She found a stick in someone's yard that was nice and long for poking things while she walked, and "finding sticks on the ground is one of my favorite things ever!"  She saw a stop sign "just like we learned about in school!"  If she saw a house with a cactus in the front yard, she asked if it was her cousin Karianna's house.  Then she said that a saguaro's arms were "the funniest thing ever I sawed!"
When her legs got tired, she hopped on the front of the stroller and rode on the foot rest.  This put her right in her little brother's personal space bubble.  Once, she hopped on and took him by surprise.  He responded "mama! Mama!" which seemed more about making me aware that she was there and needed an eye kept on her than anything, but Sam looked back at him and said "Hey, kid.  I'm not your mama!"
Then she cracked up that Peyton thought she was mom.
So, someone dropped a quarter in this kid.  She came home and decided to watch "Princess and the Frog."  She interrupted it long enough to come tell me "I had so much fun on my walk, and this is a great day!"  We are sniffly, but we are goofy and happy.  The windows are open, and the birds are singing...at least until Sam gets anywhere near the back door and they scatter in abject fear.
Have a great day, everybody!

No comments: