Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mom's Pearls of Wisdom part 1

In honor of Mothers' Day, I've decided to post a weeks worth of what I love about my mom.
I realize Mothers' Day is 8 days away, but I'm starting now, because I'm planning on spending the actual day of Mothers' Day lounging around the house, ooohing and ahhing over a scribbled card (it will be draft 3 minimum, as she's already made me 2 she could not wait to hand over so I got them early), and not changing any poopy diapers at all (thanks honey!).

Anyway, today I present a scene from my upbringing to illustrate my Mom's true genius:

Teenage me: "That song, 'You're So Vain' is so stupid. She says the song isn't about him, but it obviously is. That's stupid. Makes no sense. What's it about if it's not about him?"

Mom: "It's about the clouds in her coffee. I hate to say this, but most likely you will someday meet a guy and that song will make perfect sense to you. I hope not, but probably."

Teenage me: "whatever, it's stupid."

Fast forward a few years until I'm mid-conversation with a guy in high school. He actually pulls out the line "Why don't you ask me to Sadie Hawkins? Because I'd like to go out with you, but I certainly don't want to pay for it."

And suddenly a voice in my head screams "Oooooooh. It's about the clouds in her coffee. Got it."

To this day, I love that song. And I love my mother, because she is an uber-genius.

No comments: