Friday, April 22, 2011

One more quick thing...

For the love of Pete, will the approximately 12 Americans who actually care about the British royals just move to the UK and get it over with so this insane wedding will stop crapping up all our TV shows, commercials, and even shopping channels?
My ancestors got on a boat and came to the country hundreds of years ago specifically to escape the rule of royal family, and now that they exercise no actual power I have to put up with a live feed on what Kate Middleton is eating being sent into my living room 24/7 no matter what channel I'm watching? What is up with that?
I DO NOT CARE. I'm happy for them, just like I'm happy for anyone happily getting married, but I didn't enjoy the details of planning my own wedding, and I certainly don't want to hear about theirs. I won't be up at 3am to watch it, and I don't want to know where I can get a replica of her ring. While we're at it, I also do not care about Mariah Carey's twins, or Courtney Cox's divorce, or anything else like it...though I wish them all the best.
Sheesh.
Maybe getting up before 5 did make me a little cranky today.

No comments: