Friday, September 3, 2010

Interesting Prayers

Lately, we have been letting Sam lead the way and say her own prayers with whatever she feels like praying for. The results have been some interesting prayers from Sam. Here are some of my favorite Samisms while addressing the Almighty. Frankly, I'm thrilled she's over the three month phase of saying "Heavenly Father. Danks Blessings. Amen." That got old fast.

"Please bless Daddy be safe of the freeway. Please bless me be safe on the freeway. Please bless Mommy to take me swimming." (Daniel's response: It would take divine intervention for me to put on a swimsuit and go in the pool these days. So true--my belly has outgrown the only swimsuit I've bought since I was in the 8th grade, and I have no desire to go shopping for a new swimsuit.)

"Danks for Super Why! And please bless me to watch Super Why tomorrow."

Every prayer, no matter how short, includes the line "Please bless Robby Stevie on der missions." Her twin uncles are serving in Argentina and Uruguay (or will be when they're done with language training), and lately, since Steve has been sick, she adds "Please bless Robby and Stevie at da doctor." Explaining to her that Robby hasn't needed to go to the doctor has done nothing for us.
Sometimes she also adds "Please bless me to go on a mission. To Home Depot and Sam's Club." Why she wants to serve a mission so badly, and further to those particular stores, we don't know. It's funny though and she has never ever wavered from listing those two stores as her goal.

"Please bless my Mack and G to come visit for Banksgiving."

"Dank you for my alphabet." (we put a new alphabet strip in her room that day) Then she added "Dank you for H...Dank you for I....Dank you for J, K, L, M, N, O, P."

"Please bless Mommy and da new baby. It comes out after Christmas." I like this because it's neither a request or a thanks, just some info the Lord might want, I guess?

"Bless Daddy at basketball."

"Danks for my toys. Danks for my house. Danks for my blankies. Bless me to stay in my bed. Amen."

Amen, indeed. Funny kid.

No comments: