Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Truth and Consequences

A long time ago (so long ago that I'm not going to look up the entry to link to it), I wrote about Sam telling my friend she was six so she could do something just for older kids.  Since then, we've revisited the honesty issue once or twice.  Or a million times.  Life with little kids gets hazy.
Apparently, it is working however. 
Sam was in time out in her room, and we hear playing and clanking.
Daniel yells up "Samantha!  You are in time out!  Are you on your bed?"
Sam, "Yeah!" Continued clanking.
Daniel "And you don't have any toys with you?"
Sam, "Uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh."  Silence, followed by "Well, I do have a balloon, but that's not actually a toy." More silence followed by, "Oh, and my princess things.  Did you know about those?"

A really long "Uuuuuuuhhhhh."  Nothing else says so clearly, "I'm not lying right now, but I'd really like to be."

I'm so proud of her for taking the high road. Eventually.

No comments: