Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fuzzy Moments

Yesterday, Sam went up to her little brother, flashed him a big smile, started playing with his toes, and said "Hey there! Who's my little crapnugget? Are you my little crapnugget?! Yes, you are! Yes, you are!"
Naturally, this gave me pause so I said "Sam, uh, where did you learn that word?"
Sam: "What word?"
Me: "That word you are calling Peyton. Crapnugget."
Sam: "Oh, from Megamind!"
Me: "Okay, Sam. Now, I know you don't know this, but that's actually not a very nice word. We aren't going to call people that. I know you didn't do it on purpose, but please don't call your brother or anyone else a crapnugget."
Sam: "Sure Mom! [To Peyton] Okay, buddy. Are you my little poop? I love you little poop!"
Me: [Deep sigh]
We are very into potty humor at our house right now. Sam hasn't found a poop joke yet that she doesn't find hilarious.

So thanks, Megamind, for deciding to use a not nice word I've never heard of, that just goes by in passing (and to be fair, isn't directed at another character anyway). Somehow my kid set her laser sights on as the one word worth picking up and using. Thanks again, Megamind. You little crapnugget.
(As an adult, I still love Megamind. It seems like lately, when it comes to "kids" movies, I just don't know how much I love them for Sam. Isn't that their target audience--you know, kids? How kids manage to find these not nice words and zero in on them so quickly may be unfathomable, but it always happens.)

No comments: