Thursday, August 25, 2011

Carly Vs. Talking Tom

If I ever find the inventor of the Talking Tom Cat app, I will unapologetically slap him (or her) in the face.
Then if I get sued, I will just have my defense be my lawyer saying everything into the Tom Cat app to be repeated by that high pitched voice.  Then I will not only get off, but probably have a day named in my honor.
This might be needless to say, but Sam has recently rediscovered the joy of Tom Cat.  In fact, she found a screaming flying monkey slingshot toy my father gave her (and yes, you read that right), and was trying to get the cat to copy the scream.  It did.  Every time. And I thought nothing could be more annoying than the actual monkey itself.  I was wrong.  I would further like to note, that my father also introduced Sam to Tom Cat.  I am currently not speaking to him.
Another quirk was Sam putting my ipod on the stairs and seeing how far away she could go, and how loud she could yell to get the cat to copy her.  Turns out, she can go pretty far, and yell pretty loud.  It gets hard to make out, but the cat's voice is just as annoying. 
Finally, I brought Peyton upstairs to find Sam and Daniel playing with Tom Cat just now.  Sam used her baby voice and said "Hey Peyton, sweet boy!  Do you want to hear the cat fart?  Do you?  Do you want to hear it fart?"
I said "Sam!"
She said, "Oh sorry.  Toot."
I could just take my ipod away, I know.  But that would make too much sense, and probably turn Tom into forbidden fruit she can't get enough of.  Instead, I will continue to let her use her ipod time to drive me crazy until she loses interest and is recaptured by Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, or Monkey Preschool Lunchbox.  Now there's a monkey I can get behind.  No screaming at all, just a cute little giggle.  Plus, he's educational.

No comments: